Arrival (picnic area next to the Riding Ring). Please do not drive into Main Camp unless we are experiencing bad weather.
Prepare for morning activities; change into swim suit, fill water bottles, apply sunscreen, 4 square and other games on the patio until bell rings.
9:00-10:30 1st Activitiy*see below
10:30-12:00 2nd Activity*
12:15-1:00 lunch-provided by Y.I.
1:00-2:30 3rd Activity*-WEDNESDAYS ONLY -HORSEBACK RIDING (bring long pants)
2:30-4:00 4th Activity*
4:15-4:30 pick up at picnic area next to Riding Ring
- Campers are brought to Y.I. in La Vergne daily. We do not provide bus transportation. Please review the directions listed at the bottom of our HOME page. Some GPS' tell you to turn left on OLD JONES MILL-this is incorrect.
- Daily check-in is at the picnic area next to the Log Cabin and the Riding Ring. After arriving, Day Camp Staff will escort campers to Main Camp area to prepare for morning activities.
- We ask that parents do not drive into Main Camp for safety purposes.
- If you are new to Camp Y.I. please plan to attend one of our Open Houses: by appointment only on April 7. April 27 from 10am-4pm and April 28, from 2pm-4pm-no appointment necessary.
- Day campers ride horses on Wednesday only. Please bring a pair of long pants and closed toes shoes on Wednesdays.
- Closed toe shoes work best for daily wear. Pack sandals or water shoes if desired. Please, no crocs or flip flops.
- Suncreen and water bottle are required. A hat is recommended.
- Send a white t-shirt for tie dye during Arts & Crafts
- Please put your camper's name on everything
*Activities on a weekly basis can include: Swimming Pool, Canoeing, Climbing Tower, Zip Line, Arts & Crafts, Camp Crafts, Horseback riding (Wednesdays), Pontoon Boat Ride on Percy Priest Lake. Day Campers do not participate in some of the activities offered to Overnight Campers such as; BB Guns, Archery, High Rope Courses nor Waterfront activities: water skiing, kneeboarding, tubing.