Our CIT Program for Campers entering Grade 11 and 12
Highly motivated and responsible campers entering grade 11 and 12 are invited to join us for a camp exploration program.
Small group consisting of our oldest campers that form their own unit, follow tailored programming and activities aimed at helping the campers gain leadership skills, self-confidence and expand on the meaning of teamwork.
Great examples and motivators everywhere they go, lifting spirits and lending a hand where needed, CIT Campers are not responsible for the care of children, or running a program area. They have a dedicated counselor and follow their own schedule based on their interests and skills. Activities will include our traditional programming pool, tubing, climbing tower, canoeing; and we expand and vary per week. These activities can include: arts and crafts project, photography, social media take-over, newsletter, help prepare at activities, assisting in the kitchen, cabin inspection, story times.
A maximum of 2 weeks per camper.
8 spots per session.
No CIT-week during session 1
Check-in time for CIT Campers is Sunday 1pm
Check-out time is Friday 7pm
Session 2: Sunday – Friday June 12 - 17
Session 3: Sunday – Friday June 19 - July 1 **TWO WEEK SESSION**
Session 4: Sunday – Friday July 10 - 15
Session 5: Sunday – Friday July 17 - 22
Session 6: Sunday – Friday July 24 - 29
One week session includes all activities, trading post, and a camp shirt
Two week session includes all activities, trading post, and a camp shirt
- CIT Campers are considered campers and not staff. You do not attend staff training; you do not get paid.
- You will be an example for all campers and staff. Please be aware you are serving as a role model
- Sunday check-in is at 1pm for CIT- Campers. Remember that all medications and supplements have to be in the original containers, kept and distributed by the Nurse
- CIT campers are not allowed to leave camp property during sessions. If you drive yourself to-and-from camp; you will have to fill out a form with the make, model & license plate number of your car. After check-in, you may park your car in the Counselor Parking Lot
- Except for session 3, you cannot stay over the weekend
- CIT Campers follow their own activity schedule as a group, or they may be assigned to a unit for shadowing during an activity
- You are expected to participate in nighttime activities and have a 10.00pm curfew
- It is your responsibility to know your schedule and to be on time. Please bring a battery operated alarm clock since you will not have your phone to use
- Please do not bring electronic devices, including cell phones. If you bring a phone to Camp, it will be kept safe until checkout on Friday. Please share the Camp Office, Asst. Camp Director, and Camp Director cell phone numbers with family as an emergency contact. We are available 24/7 during the season
- Please make sure Health Form 1 and Summer Camp Release forms are filled out and signed by your parent or guardian, these were part of the online signup process
- Please make sure proof of vaccination is uploaded and bring a copy with you
- Joining the Counselor-In-Training program does not guarantee a job at Camp Y.I. in the future
- Upon successful completion of the CIT program, you will receive a letter of recommendation. You may receive an invitation to volunteer at our camp, or to apply for a camp counselor position when eligible.