As a team member at Camp Y.I. you can expect to be welcomed in an open, diverse, and inclusive community.
Your days will consist of working at one of our activities. You will be helping children gain confidence, develop important skills, and be a mentor to them. As a cabin counselor, you will stay in a traditional wooden open-air cabin with campers and are responsible for a small group of campers ages 7 through 14, together with 1 or 2 co-counselors.
You are an active, silly, openhearted individual who adores kids, you are a motivated, responsible team player with the heart of a teacher. Working outdoors in a rustic environment, under sometimes harsh weather conditions or on difficult terrain does not phase you, and you know how to keep your head cool in stressful situations.
* Working with other staff members on camp activities ensuring a safe and nurturing environment
* Support, Encourage, Lead campers in camp activities
* Monitor campers to ensure compliance with rules and prevent accidents
* Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp property and facilities
* Report and record incidents to senior staff
* 18 years of age or older on June 1, 2021
* High School Diploma, or equivalent
* Interest in working with children
* Physical ability to participate in activities, this may include but is not limited to; running, climbing swimming, lifting items or supporting the weight of children
* Ability to pass a background check, national sex offender registry check and provide 2 positive reference checks
* Attend program and staff training as provided by Camp YI on June 1, 2021 – June 4, 2021
* Availability from June 1, 2021 to July 31, 2021 . No Camp July 4– July 10.
Please keep an eye on this site for our application form.
We will begin taking our applications for the Summer of 2021 in December 2020.